Sunday, November 22, 2009

CongratuIations, I got a new job. Now what?


Finally, I have accomplished the goal of all job seekers. I got a job. But like any hungry young 25 years old, I reckon that I should be looking at how the walk in my career path be like.

I chanced upon this career book that talks about building a branding for yourself in the course of your career. Say when I mention the name "Richard Brandson", you would associate him with the words, "daring, unconventional"; or when I mention the name "Lee Kuan Yew", you would associate him with the words, "intellectual, strategist". So what should be the adjectives of yours?

Perhaps we are all too young to have a distinct branding that revolves ourselves. My point is we should be looking deep within us to unearth what talents and interest we have got and start to plan on how we should develop those talents and interest, and work real damn hard and turns it into something that spells you, uniquely you. Store all those ammunition and when its time to shine, SHINE ON.

Call me paranoid, but at present times, who knows if we would be hit by the next recession or maybe at our 40s. Like it or not, chances of us getting hit by a retrenchment is too high to miss.

Gonna do something right? Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment